26 Jul 2018

Primaris Knight of the Chalice - HQ

Back from holidays, time to present you the pride and joy of my legion and reaper of glorious deeds on the battlefield, the HQ!

You have to use your imagination and please don't think they eat the dust almost every game, no for real 😅

Captain Beshop in gravis armour


Let's start with the captain in gravis armour, who's also my chapter master, leader of the host of angels, Captain Beshop of the 2nd company!

The conversion is based on the gravis captain from dark imperium, to make him more impressiv and follow the little fluff we have in the blood angels codex, I added some wings and an axe from the sanguinary guard kit and a reaver head.

The result is an imposing warrior which exult aggression (I think so though, feel free to disagree, mistakes are human 😝).

Knight of the Chalice
Knight of the Chalice
Knight of the Chalice
Knight of the Chalice
Knight of the Chalice


The painting is the same as the first few intercessors, I just took more times for the details and stuff considering his rank.

I had a blast painting the power weapon, choosing a greenish-blue to contrast with the red of the armour and adding small blue lightning around the energy cells to give a nice osl.

The basecoat is arphen jade scale 75 highlighted with emerald from vallejo then add some white, shaded with black only, all brush since I was too lazy to take out the airbrush again.
The lightning is painted with marine blue ink glaze and the lightning are drawn with white and blending in the basecoat with

If you look really closely, you should be able to see his red eyes representing him fighting the red thirst.

On the battlefield, I play him using the power axe profile, nobody mind since the axe is usually worst 
than the sword.

I present this guy first but, I painted him after the two lieutenants that follows.

Lieutenants with power sword and master bolter


Knight of the Chalice
Knight of the Chalice
Knight of the Chalice


Next are the lieutenant from dark imperium also, minor conversion for theses, I just added the little bling on the backpack to make them easier to see on the battlefield, we're no alpha legion, we don't hide !

Nothing special on them, I'll present how I paint my faces in another article though this one was really fun to do. I added a white stripe on them to represent their rank.

Really cool miniature considering it's a boxed set, the only thing I don't really like is the captain bolter gloves which look a bit bland considering the gauntlet of the aggressors squad.

Thanks for reading and see you next time!

Anamnesis

No comments:

Post a Comment