10 Oct 2019

[Showcase] Sylvaneth Tree revenants

Alright wedding done, honeymoon was a treat, we can now go back to regular schedule after the craziness of the last few months.

There're still a few things I've finished and need to show but let's start first with a unit I was really looking forward to paint!

The "mighty" tree revenants! Mighty being a strong word since they do tend to die to a stiff breeze on the battlefield.

I started with a quick squad of fives, the point was to find a good balance between speed and result.
You can imagine, I was really dreading the blade as that's usually the longest part to paint.

The squad in all its glory
The skin recipe was tweaked on them since I didn't really have the time to think too much about it on the Arch revenant with the deadline for everchosen. 
I was supposed to do a tutorial on the skin, but I admit, I totally forgot this, soooo, next time?

The leader

Happy piper

George the standard bearer


Seeing the result, I'm really happy with the result, the standard is probably the coolest NMM I've done so far, but I really need to think twice if I want a second unit 😅

I still thinking about highlighting the black, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Expect a few more showcase next!

Happy painting !
Anamnesis

4 comments:

  1. Did you ever create tutorial for these Revenants. Skin, bark blades? Super interested even if it's just a few paragraphs describing paint selection and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the only tutorial I have is for the bark skin, the tutorial for the blade is under magical blade on the arch revenant
      For the skin, the colours used are: base of purple shadow, highlight with cold flesh, add a little white for the final light, and just strenghten the shadow with a bit of violet
      Hope this help !

      Delete