7 Mar 2024

[Sponsored review] Redgrass new xl caps holder & corks addons

 Hellooo

It's that time again where redgrass is full steam on a new kickstarters which shouldn't send you straight in debt for a change.

So the new xl caps are here including cork,This is something I was really keen to test as one little regret with the original iteration was I could pin my mini on the holder.
If you follow me on instagram you probably saw that I pin 90% or what I paint, so you can imagine how useful this could be! 
Redgrass was kind enough to send me a sample to test them!

So what's new and what's "old" :

The holder "definitive edition" itself is still the same one nothing new on that front it's still really confortable and as a massively clumsy person, the magnet at the bottom is pretty useful to avoid it falling on the side, I love the metal sticker to put them on top on my wet palette as resting place between painting session

Kickstarter package

Standard cap, nothing new again still the same smooth operator but you can also stick the new cork insert on this one more on that later. As said before my little hiccup with this one is if you use just the top it can be hard to pick them up if you have big fingers.

New on the bock is the xl cap and this one is perfect, it's taller at the top, allowing you to place a 40mm flat on it, you still have the same crease as the standard allowing you to use putty or the cork insert.
Even on it's own, the cap work really well and is easy to pick up. 
Clever enginering with a little hole in the middle to allow you to "secure" the pinned piece inside, very clever, you need to be wary of the size as the hole is rather small so if you are using big pin like for bust you may want to enlarge the hole yourself with a drill to suit your need.


One thing to note is the texture is slighty different from the handle a bit more matt and grippier 


A set of 4 caps will set you down 6euros, which seem quite reasonnable 

pin and putty, it works 

Nothing more on this, it's really useful and I've been reaching for them instead of the standard cap since I received them !

Now the new cork insert, this may seem like a small addons, but if you pin little parts, like heads it's probably the most interesting one. You'll receive 4 in a pack, each one is sized to fit flush on the standard cap or have a little way on the xl one (I don't know the reason honestly but it's a bit strange), the bottom has tape to allow you to glue it to the cap.
I don't know the price for this pack though, I'll edit this post if I found out

Just pin your piece inside and your ready to go! Simple but it work and they do look nice 

So there it is, another tools from redgrass where form meet function but always keeping the design in mind.

The locking hole in the middle works really well


The project will go live on kickstarter on the 14 of March !
Link:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redgrass/rgg-360-painting-handle-for-miniature-painting



No comments:

Post a Comment