12 Jul 2018

Primaris Knight of the Chalice - Intercessors squad

Hello again,

You may have seen the tutorial to make the base but I didn't present the army on top of it.

Following the release of 8th edition of 40k and specifically the primaris marine, I've been totally hooked by the new kids on the block.

The sculpt are really simple, proportion are better, I'm just a fan.

I've been working on this army since september 2017, I'm closing on 1000 points at the time of this article.

I'll start with the mini that started it all, the free intercessor in the magazine "starting with 40k".


Knight of the Chalice


Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice


I painted this guy trying to find a scheme which would be easy to do and have a high contrast on the table top.
I've settled on the Knight of the Chalice chapter, a successor from the Blood Angels, the scheme is very similar to the horus heresy blood angels, red with black accent.

The little marine has been painted over 2 weeks trying to find the right balance between colours, textures and work involved to be able to produce an army for once and not just a few minis and being burnout. 
You can see the paint job is more than inspired by the artwork presenting the primaris chapter only on the warhammer community website.

For the base, I choose desaturate colours to contrast with the red of the marines, concrete environment with barbed wire and small rubbles to look like a true battlefield.
You can find the full tutorial here.


Knight of the Chalice


Knight of the Chalice


Knight of the Chalice
There is no such thing as friendly fire

Hot on the heels on the first marine, I did the rest of the squad to have a legal troop choice.
Here is the complete squad Heraeus, 5 more marines including the squad leader with bolter rifles.


Knight of the Chalice
The squad in it's full glory
Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice

Knight of the Chalice



Second troop choice is similar to the first one, also 5 marines with bolter rifle, this is squad Belamus. 

You can see I took some liberties with the squad marking to make them my own, I didn't like the multi-coloured knee cap.

Before the codex blood angels dropped, we didn't had choice of weapons for squad leader, but I'm planning on doing a third squad with a power weapon and assault bolt rifle. 

In the next article, I'll present my HQ choice including my lieutenants and captain.

Hope you enjoyed this little showcase and feel free to leave a comment below!

Cheers!

Anamnesis

2 comments:

  1. Je découvre ton blog avec un peu de retard et j'adore. Super inspirant !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup pour le retour :) Content que ça te plaise !

      Delete