2 Nov 2020

[Showcase] Warcry Iron golem, Unmade & scenery

So, it’s been a while since the last article again!

The global situation being a bit strange, my general motivation to write has been pretty low, mostly because I mostly work from home.
But I had quite a few people telling me they enjoyed reading the content of this blog and I thought it would be nice to not let it slip into oblivion, or not too deep at least…

On the plus side, I’ve been preparing the room for our first baby, which also mean my hobby time will be going down drastically at the end of the year but in the meantime, I painted quite a lot of stuff!

First thing the warcry starter set and an additional warbands so I have everything to initiate someone to the game.

I’ve played a few games and it’s quite fun and quick, which make it the perfect gateway game. AoS will remain my favourite system so far though!

I started with the iron golem to try to do something different and have as many skin tones as possible, that what also a fun exercise working with tinted metallic paint. I really enjoy them, and they did grow on me!

Colours used for the armour is a base of black metal, highlight with speed metal, then a coat of dark green ink from daler & rowney. 

The scenery has been painted trying to have them ready quickly will still being nice, mostly with spray can and drybrush, nothing special but it’s painted and look nice on the table 


The unmade were really speed painting, and that’s where I realised, I’m pretty bad at painting skin, I’m not really happy with the result and if I had to do them again, I would do something different. Also, they are really fragile, since I’m very clumsy I broke a few pieces…. 

Playing the game was a blast and I enjoy the quick pace, not so much playing against other warband not made specifically for the game as they can be a bit game breaker but it’s still fun! 

Now to catacomb or not, that is the question (I really like the scions of flame 🙈)

Until next time, happy painting!
Anamnesis

No comments:

Post a Comment