24 Oct 2018

[Project Soul Wars] Heroes showcase

So, I'm now officially done with the heroes from the Soul wars box!

I'm actually quite proud of this since I'm always been afraid of painting my general for fear of screwing it up and now two have been painted this year! #lifegoals 

Anyway, back to the subject, you've seen mister Spirit torment which was the first one of the bunch, and now you can have a look at the 3 other heroes from this fantastic boxset!

The little guardian of soul or the guy to make chainrasp last a lifetime hehe

Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio

I had some trouble to make his fire look interesting, the effect being so big, but in the end the result is good enough. A few things could have gone smoother but let's not get too picky, this is supposed to be a quick project!
Nothing new on this guy, he just has a bit more cooper than is friends.

Next is the Lord executioner, also called mister wobble

Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio

Fixed most of the wobbling problem with a piece of scenery from the sigmarite mausoleum. 
Probably one of the coolest mini from the set! 
I also had to find how to do the spirits, in the end, it's the same as the ghostly clothes. 
My airbrush being the main tool for this, I should be able to crack spirit host really quickly!

And now for the "plat de résistance" as we say in french, my general for the time being, the Knight of shroud on steed!

Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Booty shot!
Anamnesis studio

Fantastic miniature and a complete pain to paint...
The main problem being, if you want to hide the joint you have to build it completely which mean some parts are really hard to access; if you don't you have massive gap to take care off and masking on this intricate design is though.

I also had to find a way to paint bone and horse flesh, I used stippling to paint the bone staying in the idea of texturing the mini, the horse is a bluish grey to stay in the same idea being the ghostly part.

The heroes being done, I'm left with 10 chainrasp, 4 chainglaives and 4 grimghast to finish this box.
The grimghast will be incorporated to a plastic kit to have 10, 4 of them being totally useless otherwise the rest should follow soonish.

A tutorial on painting the ghostly part and cloth is being worked on, should be up next week if the pictures are good enough.

In the meantime, I'll be working on my biggest project yet and a gift from my future wife.

Small teaser !

Anamnesis studio


Until next time
Anamnesis

No comments:

Post a Comment