15 Jan 2020

2019 Restrospective

Happy new year, dear readers!

2019 has been a busy year in all aspect of my life, quite a few things happened but as a result, this blog has received less update than expected.

A few events from last year, in no particular order:
  • got married
  • had my bachelor party, and someone tried to steal my phone
  • fully organise a beautiful honeymoon in Iceland
  • turned 30
  • had the pleasure to see Marc Masclan epic version of Archaon in Barcelona
  • started a new certification for work
  • applied for a new job, and learned that I didn’t get it
  • painted the biggest model I ever owned
  • took part in Everchosen competition and finished in the top 100, I now really hate this miniature because I had to rush the end but everyone seem to really like on social media #awkward
  • painted Abaddon as a gift for my best man
  • Not a bad list...
Anamnesis studio
Captain Badass
We’ve been preparing this wedding for 2 years, so 2020 we’ll be a slow year after all the thing we had to do in 2018-19. Which also mean, I should have a bit more time to write articles hopefully, as I’m a bit behind what I had expected to write this year.

2019 in number on the blog:
  • 15 articles, the most viewed ones are always the tutorial, no surprise there
  • 18 comments
  • 82’000 lifetime pageviews
  • 17 followers
  • And between 50 and 80 visits every day, which is a surprise considering the number of articles
Anamnesis studio
Most viewed article 
Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for checking this blog more regularly than I do!
Anamnesis studio
This thing is heavy on every level

If we look at what I painted this year, here is the tally!
  • 1 Astraeus super heavy tank
  • 5 Primaris reivers
  • 3 Interceptor
  • 1 Primaris Librarian
  • 1 Redemptor dreadnought
  • 1 Sylvaneth Branchwych
  • 10 Dryads
  • 5 Tree revenants
  • 1 Arch revenant
  • 1 Kit of enduring storm vault
  • 1 Abaddon
  • And 5 stormcast sequitors
Which is a total of 35 miniatures and scenery, which is not too shabby if I may say so myself 😊
This kit is fantastic
I did learn a lot during this year from many points of view and I hope to bring it to the light next year.
There are a few articles which I know you’re waiting for, I should be able to write them soon-ish if everything goes.
Anamnesis studio
Hello, new project...
Anyway, thank you everyone for your support and I wish you all the best for 2020!

Anamnesis

3 comments: