28 May 2020

What's new and general hobby update

Hello dear readers!

It's been some times since the last post; a general lack of reel motivation to paint or write, problem with taking proper picture for tutorials and the corona quarantine mean this blog has been mostly left to collect dust. like really it's been 3 month

But on the bright side, there is still a constant flow of people checking the blog for whatever reason. I find it fascinating and a good sign, so thank you everyone!

Since I'm really late on my update, here is everything I've been working on since February (wow that was a long time ago...).

One of the biggest project I've ever worked on for fantasy is the Tauralon from the stormcast

I really like fantasy beast in general and since I need a lord arcanum for my sacrosanct chamber, this was the perfect excuse to have a big centrepiece.
Though in game, it's not the same as is rule are a bit lackluster but it's alright.










I wanted something really colourful, but not garish. I had no real idea what I wanted to do so I was mostly choosing colours I liked and find a way to make it works together.
In the end, I'm happy with the result even if a few things could have been better.
My photobooth was too small for this model so I had to resort to other mean, in this case, a simple black t-shirt as a backdrop.

On the conversion side, it's a mix of the two rider found in the box with the head from the sequitor, I added a collar made from aventis head and that's it mostly. A simple conversion to make this model mine :)

Second unit complete!







I finally finished the liberators I started in January, that's where I realised the armour takes a lot of time, but again really moody result.
This mean I now have the basic 1 hero, 2 troops to play age of sigmar, hooray !

The next unit for this army will be the dracothian guard because I really love them.
Here is a small sample



Still in the age of sigmar setting, I've tried Warcry for the first time this week-end and honestly that was a blast and probably the best games I had in a long time !



I challenged myself to paint my warband for the first game, so I had one week to do it. Of course I failed.
They took me 10 days since I've been much busier than expected but it was a fun experiment. Proving also that I'm unable to do speed painting







No conversion this time, but I tried the metallic base and ink on top combo. I do love the result !
Everyone of them has a different skin tones by the way, fun experiment.

But my first love since they have been revealed are the unmade, so as a reward for successfully completing my certification and finishing my first warband, they are coming next week!

I'll keep my new sister of battle for the next article ;-)

Thank you for reading thus far and until next time!
Anamnesis

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Hopefully the quarantine wasn't too rough on you! Very inspiring work, at least you got something done during the quarantine! I was wondering how you get back to painting if you ever head down a dead end? Been teying to get back into painting but so far all i have now is alot of primed miniatures xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stamp3, for me you need to find something which really motivate you, don't think to much about it and just enjoy the feeling of painting.
      I tend to think too much about the painting so just take a step back and let your brush flow on the mini.
      Sometimes it also mean taking a break from a miniature to work on something else, then come back to it when you feel it !
      Hope that helps
      Anamnesis

      Delete
  2. Think it might be the problem, thinking to much about the paints instead of getting caught in the flow of it, will try going back and forth between projects as well! Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete