10 Jun 2020

Adepta Sororitas - Order of the Ashen Veil

Jumping back in time to the release of the daemon hunter codex in 2003 (gosh that's a long time ago😵), I said to my gaming group I will start a sororitas force the day GW made them in plastic.

And to be honest, I kinda lost hope it would happen one day, until 2 years ago following the first massive survey they ran and so many people ask for the release of plastic sisters.

Two years is a long time to keep your motivation and interested, I went back and forth on them not knowing if I really wanted to start a new army after painting my primaris. 
But in the end the miniatures where so nice and so much to my liking, I couldn't help myself. 

Not everything is perfect, but after the very flat primaris, I happy to return to something that is much more 40k for me, much more grim dark.

After this decision, I had to debate with myself, whether to go for one of the main order or to do something different. I really loved the bloody rose but I didn't want to paint another red army. 

I decided to challenge myself to try something new and different from my usual painting. 
I choose a yellowish bone armour, with a bright dark blue to contrast, the colours are opposite on the colour wheel.
Since the armour has a yellow tint, I choose to do the metallic in old cooper to have different tone,

Following my brainstorming, I quickly went to work on a test subject.



For the base, I tried to represent a luxurious planet similar to catachan or naboo with the ruin of ancient temple where the sororitas are sent to bring the population to the imperium.
I know a few of people aren't convinced with them, but the universe is vast 😜

Next I started working on my first squad, so many details and a few more textures and colours to decide. And learning how to do marble, since I haven't done any marble in like 15 years.


I'm really like the look of the squad, though in the end, I choose not to do the order symbol at the bottom of the cloak and corrected my test model.

I needed a HQ and what better hq than the canoness, the original and only sororitas leader !
I made a small modification to the miniature since I wasn't a fan of the original head, I used one of the sequitors head from AoS instead.

Let me present you Canoness Georgina in all her glory


Since I've got the army box and received a few kit for my birthday, may more are coming but those miniatures takes times so, you'll have to be patient to see the rest 😝
As a small teaser, I'm working on this bad boy now...
I will take picture for the next marble I do, since I've been overwhelmed by the return I had on this one 😅 

Until next time
Anamnesis

2 comments:

  1. salut super travail, serait possible d'avoir les couleurs pour refaire le schema des soeurs? Merci d'avance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bien sur, avec un peu de retard, les voici: Base petroleum grey, éclairci avec du gobi brown puis du white sands scale 75!

    ReplyDelete