20 Aug 2019

[Showcase] Everchosen Sylvaneth Arch revenant

Soooo it's been some time since the last article, it has been a rollercoaster of adventure with my everchosen entry and time for writing between the competition and preparation for the wedding was pretty low.

To make it quick:
  • my entry was at first, not valid for the competition,
  • then it was valid again
  • my store decided not to participate two days prior to the deadline because gw left them in the dark with no news whatsoever
  • decided to participate in another store 2h away from home
  • had like two days to finish the mini including the whole bug and the base
  • and to finish it I did drop the mini just before taking photo and it broke in four pieces, that at 1am
So, as I said, not a smooth ride.

But in the end, the mini was finished even if a few parts are clearly rushed and I even managed to win my category on the shop. Thanks again l’Ornithorynque in Neuchatel for accepting me!

I really tried to push myself on this mini, the NMM is probably the most advanced I ever done, the wood veins were drawn all over the place and I even had to sculpt a few pieces to accommodate for the modified pose.

It really is a great model and to be frank, I’m very unhappy with the rushed end, you can clearly see those parts are not on pare with the rest of the model and it bother me to no end.

Starting from massive spike of motivation to finish in frustration, I’m not sure I’ll do anything similar anytime soon.

But enough ramble here are the pictures!

If you enjoy my piece, feel free to vote for it on the Warhammer community website, displayed pictures are random but you may stumble on mine 😊 

Winning entry!

Anamnesis studio

Close-up and different angles

Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio
Anamnesis studio

As a small reminder, a full tutorial on the blade is available free on the blog and you can find the step by step for the base, bark and leaves also in their respective links !

Cheers !

Anamnesis

1 comment:

  1. I just read your post a few moments after I dropped my own version of this mini. It literally had me in tears. I hope I can fix it. I broke the spear blade. Yours looks better than mine tbh.

    ReplyDelete